I hope these sites can help spark inspiration, creativity and innovation…
1. BigHugeLabs–create trading cards, posters, puzzles, mosaics using the student’s own images. Quick, easy, pain-free and fun
2. Bubbl.us–create mind-maps to brainstorm topics. No-frills and easy to use
3. Edmodo–a micro-blogging service (like Twitter) for teachers and students. Use it to share information, set and collect assignments and more.
4. GettingTrickyWithWikis–format wikis with lots of bling to better communicate ideas
5. Glogster EDU–create media rich online posters that can be embedded into wikis, blogs and more.
6. Google Apps–offer a suite of Google Apps designed especially for educators. Include Google Docs, Google Mail, and Google Sites.
7. Jing–take screenshots and screencasts for free. No ads. Require registration to install software.
8. Khan Academy–offers a library of over 2,700 free videos covering everything from arithmetic to physics, finance, and history and 268 practice exercises.
9. Livebinders–organize your resources in an online three ring binder
10. MuseumBox–lets you describe an event, person, or historical period by placing items into a virtual, interactive box.
11. Only2Clicks–create a visual collection of bookmarks for your fav sites. I use it and love it. Great because you have access to your favorites everywhere.
12. Photo Editing-28 photo editing sites. My favs are Loonapix and WriteOnIt. If you like the Dumpr site, take a snapshot of the photo you create because they wont let you download it for free. Works just the same though:-)
13. Polldaddy–create surveys and polls and embed them into blogs, wikis, websites (for free)
14. Prezi–create awesome presentations live and on the web!
15. Scribd–share lots of document formats with the public or a limited audience for easy viewing online. Embeddable into websites, blogs, and more.
16. Tagxedo–create word clouds with unique shapes, colors, that can be saved, printed and embedded to wikis, blogs, etc.
17. Voicethread–collaborate online by sharing media and comments. The perfect tool for whole class projects.
18. Voki–create avatars that interact visually and audibly with others
19. Wevideo-Free account for 1 GB storage. Only $7/month for 10 GB. You can edit videos online. So you are not locked into one computer…all done online:-) You can collaborate with others on video stories. VERY COOL idea. No software and no download.
20. Wordle–generate word clouds quickly.
21. WordPress–build and share a blog with students or classes or colleagues. WordPress is what I made this site with.
22. Xtranormal (free version)–produce short films with virtual characters and a text to speech facility