The ReadWriteThink Interactive Timeline is designed to allow users to easily display relationships between items. It is an open-ended tool that can help students summarize a sequence of events or organize their understanding of content-specific information. These timelines can be printed at any time vertically or horizontally.
At BarryFUNEnglish you will find fun flash games designed to be used in the classroom. These games can be used with more than 80 different categories and over 1200 different vocabulary words, or you can upload your own images. Choose from games like The Wheel, Battleship, Word Scramble, Card Match, Crazy Cups, English-opoly, Hangman, Memory Wheel, and more! The games are already pre-loaded with words in many categories such as: adjectives, American holidays, animals, colors, countries, food, months and seasons, musical instruments, prepositions, shapes, sports, and weather.
The Google Art Project is now allowing everyone to be able to travel and have a front seat in front of some of the most valued inheritance–left to us by the artistic geniuses of our time. What Google has done is bring the method of Google’s infamous Street View, into the most sublime museums that houses the most sublime art pieces that we long to see and see again.
This site allows users to virtually visit 17 major art museums in nine countries, zooming in on individual works of art to marvel at remarkably detailed digital reproductions. the Art Project provides access to digital replicas of gallery spaces within such top international institutions as the Metropolitan, MoMA, the Frick Collection, Berlin’s Alte Nationalgalerie, Amsterdam’s Rijksmuseum, the Uffizi in Florence, the State Hermitage in St. Petersburg, Madrid’s Museo Reina Sofia, London’s Tate Britain, and others — their collections all amassed through a single interface.
Behind the Scenes
Street View of Palace of Versailles
a purpose built library of visual, dynamic, interactive resources. The resources are designed for use by the teacher on their interactive whiteboard but many are also suitable for pupil use, usually responding to a task or challenge set by the teacher.
TES iboard offers interactives for Numeracy, Literacy, Science, Geography, and History. There are three different levels built into this site, they are located under the logo on the top left corner of the site. If you move your mouse over an image you will receive a brief explanation of the activity. Very impressive!
Cookie is an amazing find for students in grades K-2. Learning games for Language Arts, Math, Science, and Social Studies. There is a Stories tab that you can sort by grade level. Students can choose a book to read online. If the student clicks on a word the site will pronounce it. The Kids Learning Videos section has videos for Phonic Sounds, Days of the Week, the Weather, Body Parts, Food Chain, etc. The site has a Worksheets section and Arts and Crafts. Really worth a look!
There are a lot of online resources available where you can change, enhance and make funny photo editing without knowing a program like Photoshop. You can do it with just few mouse clicks and in few seconds. Here are picks of free photo editing services:
1. BeFunky allows you to create photographically rich and artistic results from digital images without the need for any technical knowledge. These “one-click” photo effect options produce desired results effortlessly and each effect comes with the option to make simple adjustments.
2. FunFotoBox is a free photo editing online service that allows you to add special effects to your photos. Very fun!
3. PicArtia allows you to create photo mosaic Online and Free! A powerful photo collage maker in 3 easy steps. Get your photo montage in less than 2 minutes!
4. Photo505 has a huge selection of fun for you to play with!
5. Loonapix is one I have use MANY times. So easy, so many choices, and so much fun!
6. Funny Photo – just upload Your images and choose one of funny effects!
7. Dumpr – while not all of templates are free, still there are enough to choose from.
8. MagMyPic – There are 30 different magazines to choose from for now. You can select any of them and make an impressive, unique, custom fake magazine with ease and Your own picture – it’s simple as that!
9. BigHugeLabs has so many options! You can create pop art, make a mosaic, make a magazine cover, puzzle, trading card, etc.
10. Face in the Hole is funny to say the least!
Graph Words is a web of alternative word choices. Click on any word in the web to generate a new web of more related words. The web above is an example of “school.”