What is Padlet (formally Wallwisher)?
- Padlet is a virtual wall that allows people to express their thoughts on a common topic easily. It works like an online sheet of paper where people can put any content (e.g. images, videos, documents, text) anywhere on the page, together with anyone, from any device.
- Customize the wall title and description.
- Customize the background (wallpaper).
- Choose how posts appear on the wall.
- Option 1 | Freeform: posts can be put anywhere and can be re-sized freely.
- Option 2 | Stream: posts are placed one below the other.
- Option 3 | Grid-like: posts are placed in a grid-like format.
- Privacy Features
- Visibility: allows you to customize how public you want the wall to be (i.e., completely private, password protected, hidden link (hidden from Google and public areas of Wallwisher), and/or totally public). This is a great enhancement to the tool, particularly for educators!
- Moderate posts: requires you to approve posts before they show up not he wall for other readers. Again, this is a great enhancement to the tool as it allows educators to moderate student comments.
- Before using this tool with students, it is essential to outline expectations for acceptable posts and provide specific examples of unacceptable posts.
- Share the consequences for unacceptable posts.
- Set specific rules on how students name themselves when adding a post. If students aren’t comfortable providing their real first name, have them create “pen names.” Create a list of these names so you can monitor student progress.
Click – WHAT IS PADLET? – for TUTORIAL.
Thanks to Keystone Area Education Agency for the write up.